Happy Dragon Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Dragon Forums

The Official Happy Dragon Productions Forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tekker's map idea

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tekker

Tekker

Tekker's map idea Empty
PostSubject: Tekker's map idea   Tekker's map idea Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 10:15 am

I was talking to cold blooded killa (or however the goofy fucking wayhe spells his name is, but he's the dude what made that thar map infested) about ho there aren't enough maps on city streets for my movies, then I came up with a map idea, and he agreed it was neat. unfortunately, he has a life, and he told me to ask you people. I protested that you all hate me, but he insisted.

The map starts the players on the back of a moving truck, under the tarp. It's your basice green army truck as seen all the time in HL and SC, only enlarged to accomodate players. Alternatively, and idealy, multiple trucks are used instead of deforming one.

After a bief 10-20 drive, (the map is set much the same as the tram area from extension, but with city buildings and a dark city street, preferably with sidewalks) a few other trucks pull up on them and a connector is sent between them, working as a platform for grunts, both op4 and heavy weapons.

The connector should have a shield/wall over the spawn points, so i tappears as though the grunts are comming from within the trucks/apcs. The NPCs are pushed out from behind the walls via trigger thingy.

After a while, they stop spawning for a minute, and an Apache flies in. It rockets the truck (or trucks) the players are in, blowing the roof out and opening crates containing RPGs. (Ammo and the RPG crate should be on the back wall of the trucks, where the tarp meets the driver-passenger-y-area) After a little while (regardless of Apache death or lack thereof) BlackOps begin to spawn from the enemy trucks/apcs, with snipers replacing the HW spawn.

After the Apache is dead and there's a healthy ammount of ninja corpses, the tank (did I mention the tank? It's kind of important) which is between trucks/apcs (it really would work better with APCs come to think of it, players should still be in a wimpy ass truck) Anyway the TANK starts fighting you with 4 different areas of it as seperate mounted guns. A machinegun under the main cannon, the main cannon, and rocket launchers on either side.

To prevent intense rape, they should all shoot slow, and only the main gun should have a large sum of health.

After all that is trashed, Alien controllers start spawning, along with Mantarays, which provide platforms for other Xen aliens to spawn on. BlackOps spawn for a bit more, say five minutes or so, before the mantarays lazer the balls our of their cars.

The map then puts the players in a parkinglot, which is surrounded by concreate wall (buildings behind the wall) has a main grate which is blocked by flaming wreckage from all of the vehicles (the RPG crates lay in front of them so the players can still use them, but the rest of the ammo isn't there) and blocking the players path into the main building (hopefully large and corporate looking, with a main entrance of glass doors and an awning, the sign should read "ToxGen Facility") is the main boss.

The main boss is a ridiculously sized tank, going sideways from wall to wall, so that its left (or right who cares) side is facing the players new spawn. Other cars in the large lot provide cover and health/armor/ammo spawns. This tank also has several areas the players must destroy, including the gun, some machineguns, a few rocket launchers, and a sniper spawning in the top area (which should stop spawning when the cannon is destroyed)

Aliens should be teleported in at the start of the boss fight (with an invisible wall shielding the players in front of the first row of cars, not to say there's entire rows of cars, but 1 or 2 would be needed to shield the spawn, and a couple others should be out there to provide cover the same as in the afrikakorpsmap) Anyway (again) the aliens are quickly fucked by the boss and it shoot the mantaray which crashes into one of the buildings leaving a flaming hole and the alien half sticking out of it. That acts as a ledge for Shock Troopers to spawn on (about as often as the sniper, and also destroyable by shooting the mantaray) but it should be allied with the sniper and tank, to prevent them fighting each other and not the players.

Both the tank and the alien spawn must be completely destroyed to win the map, although the mangles boss tank should remain to block the building entrance, so they can't see into the non-existing lobby, and can stare at their handywork triumphantly.

I'd make this myself if I wasn't busy nt being able to. this seems like the sort of thinga professional mapper would be needed for. The ToxGen facility name is just a request so that the map can fit perfectly into the OmniTek plotline, which isn't to say the map as designed to be in it, more that when I was thinking up the boss area I thought I might as well lend myself a hand when choosing locations to film on.
Back to top Go down
Tekker

Tekker

Tekker's map idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tekker's map idea   Tekker's map idea Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 5:39 am

snipers should also spawn in windows of the facility in the boss area and the crashed mantaray gives shock troopers a position to fire into the spawn, unlike the rest of the enemies. Multiple alien spawns would be nice, preferably in different ways than just the mantaray platforms. Like a blown open building you steal by blowing up an explosive crate in the exposed room, making the room collapse on it.
Back to top Go down

Tekker's map idea
Page 1 of 1